Associated Buyers is Roseburg’s only state licensed Pawnbroker PB-0343. Associated Buyers has been family owned and operated business since 1996. Our courteous and knowledgeable staff has over 75 years combined experience in pawn broking. We are a member of the National Pawnbrokers Association and Oregon Pawnbrokers Association. We offer customers a quick, convenient and confidential way to borrow money.
Roseburg, Oregon's only licensed pawn broker
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a pawn?
A pawn is when one of your valuables is given as security for loan; a pledge or guaranty, “Collateral”. A pawned item is considered a loan, because the borrower is using the item’s value to get a loan.
How much is the average pawn?
The average pawn is $100, with a finance charge of $20.92 for 60 days.
does pawning affect my credit score?
While a pawn is considered a loan, it is not reported to any credit agencies.
WHAT IF I DECIDE I DON'T WANT THE ITEM I PAWNED ANY MORE?
If the customer decides they no longer want a pawned item, they have two options:
- The pledger may come back in and sell the item to us, in some cases we will pay more to purchase it.
- Default on the pawn, the item pledged then becomes property of the store to resale.
What kind of items do you pawn/accept?
We take any item of value, as long as there is a viable market for the item. We love to buy and Pawn quality merchandise! Here are a few of our favorites!
- Jewelry & Scrap (gold, silver, platinum, diamonds)
- Laptops, I pads, Tablets, TVs, Blu-ray, Digital cameras (within five years of manufacture)
- Video game units (within 3 years of manufacture)
- Sporting Goods: Fishing equipment, hunting accessories, bikes
- Tools: Most everything brand name
- Musical Equipment: Guitars, Drums, Amps
What can i expect to be charged by an oregon pawnbroker?
Pawnbrokers licensed in Oregon can offer Loans based on the following criteria:
- Loans must be for a minimum of 60 days.
- A set-up fee of 10 Percent of the loan amount with a minimum of $2 and a maximum of $250, is charged for each item.
- A storage fee of 5 percent of the loan amount, with a minimum of $2 and a maximum of $250, is charged for each item.
- Interest on a pawn is limited to 3 percent a month.
- Loans on firearms are allowed and the fees include the same set-up and storage fee for other pawned items, but there also is a $3 firearm fee and a $10 background check fee that is required before a firearm can be released. The pawnbroker may also charge a $1 fee to renew the loan (We do not charge our customers the $1 renewal fee).
- There are no restrictions on renewing the loan, but the pawnbroker will charge the same interest and fees to extend another 60 days.
Note: There is a 30 day grace period on the initial loan; however, there is no grace period on loan renewals (We give all our customers a 7-day grace period on renewals).
When you pawn an item, the pawnbroker will give you a ticket- this is your loan agreement. This ticket describes your pawn, the loan amount, fees, interest, and when the loan is due and you pay it off. You will be charged a $3 lost ticket fee without it.
443 NE Stephens St.
Roseburg, OR 97470
Phone: (541) 673-0123
9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Monday – Saturday
Associated Buyers LLC Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved